Beautiful! I noticed two blue butterflies out my window this morning. I thought I might rush outside and photograph them next time, but I doubt I'd make a photo as nice as yours.
What a lovely photo. It makes me long even more for June when flowers are at their best, with butterflies and bees flying from one to another. I love the colour Lilac, so this photo is making my Friday. Have a good week-end.
~ Diane, thank you, it was such a lucky moment... saw a cluster of them just outside the kitchen window :)
~ Vi, hi and a first-time-to-my-blog Welcome and thank you for joining it too :) There's an elusive black with yellow markings butterfly who is currently evading me!
~ Rhonda, how lovely! and you're very kind. They seem to come back a few days at a time - the blue butterflies of Queensland are simply gorgeous... hope you take a photo, would love to see it :)
~ Calidore, hi, thank you, and a first time Welcome too. Funny isn't it how butterflies just suddenly appear and then just as quickly go :)
~ DeeBee, that's so nice, thankyou. I'm glad it brought those thoughts to you. (I'm very partial to lilacs and mauves as well).
Is that oregano? I love butterflies. Unfortunately, here in town there aren't many (none now of course) because so many people spray poisons on their yards to kill bugs and weeds. Sigh. I hope to see more of these lovely creatures!
~ Mary, it's lemon thyme. I grow a lot of thyme as groundcover throughout the garden... serves many purposes :) Hope some butterflies can visit you again.
~ Pam, thank you :D
~ MaineFarmGirl, hi and Welcome to my blog! They're such beautiful creatures, it will be nice when you can enjoy them again :)
~ Dmarie, thanks for that. Those things are always enjoyable to think of that when in the midst of cold weather :)
beautiful butterfly and thyme!! very calming...to the senses... :] makes me want to throw myself in the garden...lie on my back...and stare up at the sky! aaaaahhhh....
Susan, lovely photo. I have a couple of large black and orange ones fluttering around in my garden at the moment. I've been trying to get a photo of them but they have just been too busy. I'll have to keep trying. Maa.
~ Maa, oh, they sound magnificent.. hope you get a chance to take a photo. Sometimes though, it's nice to just watch isn't it. I've missed some great moments by trying to take a pic :D
~ Buttons, thankyou - this is the gentler side of nature that I love :)
What a lovely photograph, Susan - and how cleverly that beautiful little butterfly manages to blend in with the flowers of the thyme! A most impressive capture, as you must almost have had to crouch down to ground level to get all the detail so clearly...and without frightening the butterfly!
~ Desiree, hi and thank you. Yes, LOL, actually, I was spreadeagled amongst and over some steps... you sort of forget all that at the time though, in the thrill of getting the photo, don't you ;-)
Lovely capture of the butterfly. I can never catch them still.
ReplyDeleteLovely Photo, I can never capture butterflys either. They always fly away before I get the chance. :-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I noticed two blue butterflies out my window this morning. I thought I might rush outside and photograph them next time, but I doubt I'd make a photo as nice as yours.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo. No butterflies here unfortuantely. Popped over from Rhonda's blog.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely photo.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me long even more for June when flowers are at their best, with butterflies and bees flying from one to another.
I love the colour Lilac, so this photo is making my Friday.
Have a good week-end.
~ Diane, thank you, it was such a lucky moment... saw a cluster of them just outside the kitchen window :)
ReplyDelete~ Vi, hi and a first-time-to-my-blog Welcome and thank you for joining it too :)
There's an elusive black with yellow markings butterfly who is currently evading me!
~ Rhonda, how lovely! and you're very kind. They seem to come back a few days at a time - the blue butterflies of Queensland are simply gorgeous... hope you take a photo, would love to see it :)
~ Calidore, hi, thank you, and a first time Welcome too. Funny isn't it how butterflies just suddenly appear and then just as quickly go :)
~ DeeBee, that's so nice, thankyou. I'm glad it brought those thoughts to you. (I'm very partial to lilacs and mauves as well).
Is that oregano? I love butterflies. Unfortunately, here in town there aren't many (none now of course) because so many people spray poisons on their yards to kill bugs and weeds. Sigh. I hope to see more of these lovely creatures!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photo! Longing for the day when I see butterflies again... probably will be a few months. I hopped over from Down to Earth.
ReplyDeleteGreat capture! looking forward to the return of blossoms and butterflies here in Kentucky, Susan. thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete~ Mary, it's lemon thyme. I grow a lot of thyme as groundcover throughout the garden... serves many purposes :)
ReplyDeleteHope some butterflies can visit you again.
~ Pam, thank you :D
~ MaineFarmGirl, hi and Welcome to my blog! They're such beautiful creatures, it will be nice when you can enjoy them again :)
~ Dmarie, thanks for that. Those things are always enjoyable to think of that when in the midst of cold weather :)
beautiful butterfly and thyme!! very calming...to the senses... :]
ReplyDeletemakes me want to throw myself in the garden...lie on my back...and stare up at the sky! aaaaahhhh....
~ Laura, LOL - yes! I know what you mean. I'm the same when the patch of chamomile lawn is in flower and perfume :D)
ReplyDeleteSusan, lovely photo. I have a couple of large black and orange ones fluttering around in my garden at the moment. I've been trying to get a photo of them but they have just been too busy. I'll have to keep trying. Maa.
ReplyDeleteSusan that is beautiful The butterfly is like none I have seen before. B
ReplyDelete~ Maa, oh, they sound magnificent.. hope you get a chance to take a photo. Sometimes though, it's nice to just watch isn't it. I've missed some great moments by trying to take a pic :D
ReplyDelete~ Buttons, thankyou - this is the gentler side of nature that I love :)
What a lovely photograph, Susan - and how cleverly that beautiful little butterfly manages to blend in with the flowers of the thyme! A most impressive capture, as you must almost have had to crouch down to ground level to get all the detail so clearly...and without frightening the butterfly!
ReplyDelete~ Desiree, hi and thank you. Yes, LOL, actually, I was spreadeagled amongst and over some steps... you sort of forget all that at the time though, in the thrill of getting the photo, don't you ;-)
ReplyDelete