I was indulging in a huge amount of self-doubt as to whether the way I'd thought up to achieve shading was a legitimate drawing method. M(y) D(arling) told me that whatever I draw, and however I draw it, it's my art - and isn't subject to anyone else's rules! and so it is.......of course... I know that now - bless him ♥
|
I think your art is beautiful.I wish I could draw. Keep it up, I love it.
ReplyDeleteI think if you come up with new ways to do things it makes it your own even more so...
ReplyDeleteI have no idea how others do most of the doll or bear techniques I try.... most of them refuse to tell.... some are downright rude about it...
they talk of "growing the art form" and then tell you not to copy them. ... brother...
Anyway...I do things my own way... make them look how I want and voila.... success!! And... personal satisfaction might I add. Happy to be able to finally make them look like what I want with almost no help from any of the professionals....although, it probably takes me 5 times longer because I have no clue what the heck I am doing....
Susan, I agree totally with your MD, your art is your art. From what I can see of your drawings and the shading, it looks fine. Keep doing what you love.
ReplyDeleteHugs
~ Buttons, that's so nice, thank you :)
ReplyDeleteI do love your latest fungi art too.
~ BumbleVee, how very true and thank you.
More power to you... the individuality, charm and quirkiness of your creations were what jumped out of your pictures as soon as I saw them.
There's always some "precious" people around in this world aren't there. Their products may be "correctly made" (according to their perceptions), but that little spark that makes them "zing" and come to life just doesn't exist. Their loss BumbleVee ;-)
~ Rhonda Jean, thank you kindly and, yes, I certainly shall. Am busily re-organising and tidying my craft area to do just that :D
ReplyDeleteI think MD is right. If you like it its OK.
ReplyDelete~ Diane, appreciate your comment muchly ... thank you :)
ReplyDeleteHere's a definition of art from my dictionary:
ReplyDelete1 [MASS NOUN] the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
>>works produced by such skill and imagination
>>creative activity resulting in the production of paintings, drawings, or sculpture
I think the keywords are expression and imagination. Art is in the eye of the beholder. I think your drawings are wonderful!
((oh! i'm trying to catch up...lagging behind here...was happy to see you're back...after remembering you saying you were taking a break...before christmas...))
ReplyDeletelove your sketching!! :]
your art...is like your (D)arling said...YOUR art...and whatever you do...whatever you create...where ever your mind takes you...and in whatever medium you choose...it's YOU!! be true! be YOU!
(easy for me to say, eh?! i have enough self doubt to go around...)
:))
~ Vicki, I do appreciate you including the definition. Expression and imagination have always been a part of me... and now I'm loving letting them out without all the self-censuring I carried on with over the years.
ReplyDeleteI felt so empowered from the minute MD said those words to me that I just had to share them. Now, reading yours and our fellow bloggers' comments, there's no stopping moi! Thanks Vicki :D
~ Laura, yes, another valuable point of view ... and I had forgotten to be true to myself... many thanks for your thoughts :)
~ I'm just knocked out at the kind support and encouragement I've received from each of you.
A change of mindset is a powerful thing isn't it... my thanks, Susan
And you draw as well! Excellent! And I hope you know its certainly ok to color outside the lines if you want to do that as well. ;)
ReplyDeleteMary
Your darling is absolutely spot on with his wise words. How often do we all succumb to self-doubt and, for what? It really is about self worth and what makes YOU happy! I'm so impressed that you sketch, Susan! Maybe you can do a post to inspire those of us who might want to try, but lack both the skills and confidence to do so :)
ReplyDelete~ Mary, LOL .. love it!!! Thanks - yep I do know now... it's fun too ;-)
ReplyDelete~ Desiree, Hi, he is a wise old fella at just the right times! Thank you for your kind, and also wise, words too.
I'll certainly have a think about your suggestion Desiree. Cheerio :D
~ Bit of an update.... received a surprise parcel in the mail yesterday from my Sister. An assortment of art supplies - many that I didn't know existed... wow!!! I was totally excited and also very touched by her kindness.
ReplyDelete