Friday, December 3, 2010

My favourite form of meditation

Aimlessly picking my way through the garden is but one of my forms of meditation, however, it's the one I enjoy most.  Took my camera along to capture some of the things I saw, and definitely appreciated, after a recent shower of rain.

Our spent Foxgloves still look beautiful with their
raindrop adornments
Tloml's Orchard is alive with fruit



My favourite eucalypt the Argyle Apple is even more attractive 

The good old Oyster plant flower

These Hakea seed pods were just dripping with excitement ;-)

Our Willow-Leafed Peppermint wearing its strings of jewels

The prostrate Pink Lady Grevillea looks frozen in time

My favourite photo - a spent Flanders Poppy


Cheers :D

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful.

    The spent Flanders Poppy is particularly spectacular. Unreal almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki, I felt so lucky to have come across it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous pics. Thanks, Dorothy (in Cape Town)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my blog Dorothy. Thank you for your comment, glad you enjoyed them :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did save the best to last, though all your rainy shots are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Joan Elizabeth. Funny isn't it, just a few raindrops and they increase a plant's beauty so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW!!!!! what BEAUTIFUL shots!!!!
    i just LOVE how the rain drops look on flowers...leaves. i try to take pictures like this too...but yours came out AWESOME!!!!!
    what ART!!!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, thank you :)
    Must admit, I was quietly pleased with how they came out ... nah, I'm fibbing, I loved em !!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx