When it rains and they start up, it's just lovely. I have made a little frog section in the garden, and I turn the sprinklers on sometimes just for them... oops, hope the Water Police don't read this:O
I was interested, and I did visit your frog web page Vicki. Thank you. So cute. Yours are well-trained for photo shoots ;-) mine hide!!
In the middle of the Black Saturday bushfires, about 20 frogs made themselves at home in a makeshift frog house – a watering can inside an old Esky. It was a fulltime job keeping them damp and cool. And the water clean. The black soot they picked up was amazing.
Vicki, I was so interested to read about your frog refuge during that terrible time. The ash would've stuck to them like glue and to keep anything cool in that extraordinary heat (let alone froggies) - good on you!
Was totally delighted to listen to your beautiful Backyard Chorus at Dusk. It's a major bookmark. Thank you again :D
Hi Laura Glad he's spreading his cheer all the way over to your place! Yes, those sounds are just so pleasant ... and to have them just outside is an ongoing treat :D
I love frogs. There's something very endearing about them.
ReplyDeleteIf you're interested, I have webpage I did ages ago of some of our amphibian visitors:
www.vickityley.com/frogs/
When it rains and they start up, it's just lovely. I have made a little frog section in the garden, and I turn the sprinklers on sometimes just for them... oops, hope the Water Police don't read this :O
ReplyDeleteI was interested, and I did visit your frog web page Vicki. Thank you. So cute. Yours are well-trained for photo shoots ;-) mine hide!!
In the middle of the Black Saturday bushfires, about 20 frogs made themselves at home in a makeshift frog house – a watering can inside an old Esky. It was a fulltime job keeping them damp and cool. And the water clean. The black soot they picked up was amazing.
ReplyDeleteI uploaded this audio file to my blog last year: Backyard Dusk Chorus
ooooh!!! i love that frog!! he could definitely turn a frown into a smile...just looking at him!!
ReplyDeleteall the RIBBITS when the rains come...((or the false rain - sprinklers))...is always a welcome chorus to my ears!!
Vicki, I was so interested to read about your frog refuge during that terrible time. The ash would've stuck to them like glue and to keep anything cool in that extraordinary heat (let alone froggies) - good on you!
ReplyDeleteWas totally delighted to listen to your beautiful Backyard Chorus at Dusk. It's a major bookmark. Thank you again :D
Hi Laura
ReplyDeleteGlad he's spreading his cheer all the way over to your place!
Yes, those sounds are just so pleasant ... and to have them just outside is an ongoing treat :D