Sunday, October 24, 2010

strike me lucky

~ got around to clearing some of the tall grasses and various weeds today, that had suddenly shot up in my cuttings area, and received a nice surprise. 
Back in August I'd put cuttings of grevilleas and woolly bush down to strike. I'm a sort of set and forget kind of gardener (except during the hot weather),  and it looks like all of the cuttings have taken except one.  I take the attitude that if I get at least one cutting strike out of a potfull I'm lucky, so I felt pretty happy at seeing these....

Grevillea "Clearview David"

More of the same, the one failure is
second from the left

Grevillea Winpara Gem

Woolly Bush cuttings

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! Set and forget is one way to ensure that only the strongest specimens survive. Who wants to be mollycoddling natives anyway? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, yes Vicki ... it's the survival of the fittest here.
    I prune them in a fairly haphazard manner too. As would happen in the bush, animals or birds would munch on the end bits, so I always grab random bits as I walk past. Works well.

    Thanks for your visit too :D

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx