Sunday, October 3, 2010

grevillea gazing

~ the sun was shining,  it was a balmy 22 degree Spring day.  Decided to top up the Vitamin D levels in a most enjoyable way this afternoon, out in the garden, camera in hand.









7 comments:

  1. What a glorious collection of grevilleas, Susan. And yesterday was the perfect day to be out enjoying them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vicki and thank you very much. I do love the grevilleas and am heartened at their quick growth. I go against advice and plant all my natives quite close together - great habitat for the small birds.
    Looking through blogs such as yours and others I visit, I've learnt to get up close to a subject for photos and enjoy the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some beautiful varieties there. Nice shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just LOVE grevillias - great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Diane - yes, the varieties never cease to amaze me!

    Hi Annie, such a graceful flower aren't they. Glad you enjoyed mine.

    I'm really happy my photos turned out as they did - appreciate the positive comments everyone :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love grevillias but they are the devil to photograph up close as with all those spikey bits there is always something out of focus. A few are flowering in my garden right now, should be in my garden blog in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly, and they're so beautiful you want to get everything in the picture in focus.
    I have had a go drawing them, their structure is so intricate aren't they. Must try again!!
    Am looking forward to your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx