~ caught a misty start to the day on Tuesday. I've always enjoyed that crisp, fresh, feeling of dewy mist against the face. It holds the promise of a beautiful sunny day to come.
~ some more misty pics I snapped a few years' ago when we visited the ACT Botanical Gardens



I love the gauzy veil mist casts over everything. Beautiful.
ReplyDeletenice! looks like a jungle out there!! love it!
ReplyDeletehey! what happened to that CHOOK i saw in my google reader!!?? he's disappeared! :]
Hi there Vicki and Laura, nice to read you both :)
ReplyDeleteYou said it Vicki. Always slightly otherworldly to me. We experienced it a lot when camping (used to get up a lot earlier then), long before digital cameras so only took occasional pics unfortunately!
The rainforest section of the gardens are wonderful Laura - they have many other types as well.
Ah, I tricked you with the Chook!! Ha ha, I mistakenly made it a Post when I meant it to be a Page - so the Chook Chronicles still exist, they're now over on my sidebar ----->
Hi Susan, with the sock tree, I just wedged rolled up explorer socks between the branches. They stayed there surprisingly well, but we had some big wind yesterday and had to recover a pair from under the echium. So far so good.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Annie. It's a good idea and I had the thought that if brightly coloured socks were chosen, they'd add even more colour to the garden !! Cheers.
ReplyDeleteHi Susan - I haven't been to the ACT Botanical Gardens for a few years, so I should go again. We had some lovely rain yesterday, with more forecast, so it should have freshened up nicely.
ReplyDeleteI found you via Annie's blog and the mention of socks in the Maple tree. I need to try that with our Coral Bark Maple.
Hello Alice, thanks for your visit. Yes, those Gardens are worth going back time and again aren't they. We haven't been for a few years' now. I have a few more pics from there which I'm going to post shortly.
ReplyDeleteGlad you received some nice rainfall - it's always welcome eh! We've had a lot down here in SE Victoria yesterday and overnight - the leaves and flowers on the bushes are all bent over with the wet.
I'm off to have a meander around your blog now. Cheers :D
Summer mist (or spring mist in this case) is delightful. I like looking at the world through its 'soft focus' film just so long as it does not go on for too many days.
ReplyDeleteHa ha, yes, Joan Elizabeth .. too long and it just gets dreary. We lived in Tasmania for a while and sometimes those 'mists' (probably more like fogs) hung around until early afternoon :D
ReplyDelete