Friday, September 10, 2010
my man
~ have just spent the last 3 days giving my elderly parents a little holiday with us. Age, health and other circumstances (on both sides) make this a rare occurrence so it was nice to have the opportunity. Could only have done it with the loving (and patient) support of my husband ... plus, he kept up the supply of that delicious coffee each morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That had to have been a wonderful visit. I miss my parents so much, although they've both been gone for many years now.
ReplyDeleteIt was indeed thanks Kathy. A bit tiring for them but they were very happy for the break and interested to see what we'd done around our half acre. I was grateful I could have this special time with them while circumstances allowed.
ReplyDeleteNow, reading your post, I am more so. I feel very empathic towards you Kathy, I couldn't imagine having to bear the sadnesses you have in your life but I admire how you are dealing with them. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
I hope I haven't upset you in any way by my words, I convey them to you with the kindest of intentions.
You're a dear person, Susan. Although we all experience times of sadness in our lives, there are joys to cherish as well. I'm happy for you and your parents for being able to share that time together. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathy :D
ReplyDelete