Wednesday, September 29, 2010

a re-think on "weeds"

Wed 6th Oct 10:  An update on this post.  Kathy's blog is no longer.  I wish to say thank you to her, should she come by this way again. Kathy was the first to join my blogspot and I enjoyed  the pleasant comments we exchanged. All the best to you :D


~ have just had a good old wander around Kathy's blog 'day by day' I really enjoy reading about the progress of the cute little chicks she's raising. We got our six chooks at about 3 months of age, so they'd gotten past that chickiness stage - still cute though. The first pair were Plymouth Rocks - so gentle and timid. They still are.
Kathy very generously shared a lovely story, The Scarlet Butterfly, that she'd written years ago. I've taken inspiration from it to put pen to paper - or, fingertips to keyboard and have a go at completing a few things I'd started.
Finally, the delight she's written about at finding that her potted oxalis had just started to flower. Boy, that post really caused me to have a re-think about the way I treat the oxalis that come up in a couple of spots in my garden. I casually mentioned a few posts back that the bees even take nectar from weeds... well, perhaps they'd like a bit of the oxalis nectar as well. I won't be quite so brutal to them in the future (as long as they don't stray too far).  
Hmm, definitely re-think what I pull out of the garden.  Just goes to show there's always another way to look at things :-)

2 comments:

  1. Weeds are plants growing in the wrong place.
    Boy did I have a lot growing in the wrong place when I returned from holidays...just pulled them out today....now I have a sore back...growing old sucks sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, yes, that's one way of looking at weeds.
    Agree about growing old ...although, I like the not having to get out of bed until ready part; but the creaky bits and pieces we find ourselves with, well, yeah, sucks!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx